DIY BATH BOMBS RECIPE
There seems to be something extremely magical about relaxing and enjoying a nice warm bath in your home after a long day. Want to take your relaxation up a few notches? Try making bath bombs! Bath bombs are extremely popular and there are now hundreds of options available for purchase. There is no particular age demographic targeted for this product because it is truly timeless and people of all ages have confirmed them to be quite enjoyable.
- 8 oz of baking soda or arrowroot which is about a cup’s worth
- 4 oz of citric acid which is about half a cup’s worth
- Half of a cup of the salt of choice this comes out to be about 4 oz
- 4 oz of cornstarch which is about half to 3/4 of a cup
- 2 tablespoons of your oil of choice (liquid oil)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract or more water
- 30 to 40 drops of your favorite essential oils, dried herbs, and color dyes!
Bath Bomb Recipe Breakdown
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda is the foundation of your bath bomb. This is the most important ingredient! It is an ingredient that is needed because it is alkalizing and it compliments the citric acid you will be adding to the mix.
2. Citric Acid
The ingredient that is not so common in every household is citric acid. This one you may have to leave your house to hunt down. All of the other ingredients are very common household items. Citric acid is used to create the fizzing reaction we all like once you drop the bath bomb in the bath water. It makes it feel like you were bathing in pure champagne.
3. Arrowroot Or Corn Starch
You can use either or. Cornstarch will give you that awesome silky feeling you love. Personally, I’d go with organic cornstarch but you don’t absolutely have to. arrowroot will do the same job except it will not be quite as silky as cornstarch.
4. Liquid, Oil, And Salt
These 3 ingredients are incredibly versatile and you can go with what you have in the home to avoid a trip to the grocery store.
- Oil: Choose a simple one such as coconut oil, argan oil, olive oil, apricot oil, or any other oil you can find that you can use on your skin.
- Salt: Go with regular salt in the pantry or with Epsom salt.
- Liquid: Water will do the trick.
Make Your Bath Bomb Smell Amazing And Look The Part By Using The Scent And Color Of Choice
This is honestly the best part because it is where you can get crazy with creativity! Do you want blue, green, red, purple, orange, pink, yellow, gray, or any other color? Get crazy! Nobody can stop you! This is your bath bomb, do what makes you happy! You can even add in dried herbs and make them scent free if that is your preference.
- Use any essential oil/s that you want! Orange, lemon, lavender, peppermint etc.
- Add in natural dyes to create the colorful bath bomb of your dreams!
The Ultimate Bath Bomb Recipe And The DIY Tutorial Instructions To Making Your Dream Bathbomb!
We do not advise that you make this directly on your kitchen countertops if they are granite counters, marble tops, or quartz countertops. You can cover your kitchen counters with a cloth or parchment paper to avoid any damages.
- First, you must combine the dry ingredients such as the baking soda, citric acid, salt, and the cornstarch or arrowroot in a fairly large bowl and then you will have to mix it very well until it is all combined
- Take a small bowl and add the vanilla extract and the oil as well as the essential oils and then stir it all up
- Now you will add in the liquid ingredients slowly and mix everything together.
- The mixture should now hold together whenever squeezed without it crumbling. Add more water if the consistency isn’t quite there.
- Push the liquid into molds like greased muffin tins or other greased down containers. Now press the mix firmly in and let it sit for an entire day until it is hard. If it expands do not worry because its normal. Just push it down.
- Once it dries to make sure to store in a container that is airtight and use it within a span of 2 weeks.
There are endless benefits to making your own fresh batch of bath bomb mix at home. You no longer have to worry about the extra chemical that will break you out or irritate your skin. You can also make them just the way you like. You can add all the colors and scents of choice and create the silkiest awesome smelling bath bomb for you or loved ones.