We have an Ugly Countertop Contest Winner!
This April, we held a contest to give a free countertop remodel valued up to $2,500 to the homeowner with the ugliest countertops. After reviewing and considering a number of applications and stories, we finally chose a winner: Alan Joseph and his family.
Last remodeled in the 1970s, the Joseph household features original vintage bright yellow kitchen countertops as well as uniquely colored vanities.
We look forward to helping create the perfect countertops to fit the Joseph family’s lifestyle and home! Stay tuned on our Facebook page to watch the remodel project.
Thank you to our contest partners
No purchase necessary. Open to legal Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana residents 18 years or older and residing within a 40-mile radius of any Cutting Edge Countertops location. Ends April 30, 2019. Void where prohibited. Click on the tab below to open and read all Official Rules.
OFFICIAL RULES +
UGLY COUNTERTOP CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Cutting Edge Countertops
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. All entries must be submitted through the following Cutting Edge Countertops (CEC) website only: https://www.cectops.com/ugly-countertop-contest/. On the website, participants must submit at least two (2) photos of their kitchen or bathroom. In addition, the participants will have to submit on the website their name, address, phone number, email address, and description of why they need a kitchen or bath makeover. Dates for submitting entries is Monday, April 1 – Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Unless otherwise indicated on CEC’s website, there is a limit of one entry per contest per household; any person submitting more than one entry per contest may be disqualified. CEC is not responsible for problems accessing the www.cectops.com website, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which may or may not result from CEC’s contests.
2. HOW WINNERS ARE CHOSEN AND NOTIFIED: The winner of this Contest will be selected by the Contest committee at CEC. The criteria and process for selecting winners will include the photographs and need for kitchen remodeling description from the qualifying entries. Unless otherwise stated, winners will be notified by e-mail, phone or in person. CEC is not responsible if the winner is unable to be notified via the e-mail address submitted to enter the contest. The potential winner may be required to execute and return: a) a notarized eligibility verification; b) a liability release agreement; c) a separate publicity release; and d) any other forms as provided and requested by Sponsors. All requested forms must be returned by the date and time indicated on a corresponding request. If the selected winner cannot be contacted with seven (7) days of the first attempt out of a total of three (3) attempts to contact the winner, or if the selected winner fails to return the forms required within the specified time in a corresponding request, or if any prize or prize notification is returned to the Sponsor as undeliverable, or if the selected winner is found to be ineligible for any reason, or if the selected winner does not comply with these Contest Rules, laws and regulations, or any other legitimate and reasonable requests, then the selected winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by the Sponsor’s Contest Committee.
3. PRIZES: One (1) grand prize winner will be chosen to receive a countertop from CEC with a retail value of up to $2,500. No purchase necessary. A purchase does not increase one’s chances of winning. The prize package includes Hanstone quartz material, fabrication and installation. All valid entries will receive a savings certificate/voucher redeemable for up to $100 in savings from CEC, good towards a countertop purchase; to be completed by end of 2019. Not redeemable for cash. No cash value will be awarded. Homeowner reserves the right to go above prize value knowing they are responsible for additional costs, subject to CEC payment terms. The winner may be periodically included in on-air promotions, and other promotional and advertising activities by CEC. Odds of winning will be based upon the number of eligible entries received. The winner is responsible for all income taxes due as a result of his or her accepting a prize, and the completion of a W-9 so an IRS Form 1099-Misc can be submitted to applicable taxing authorities.
4. ODDS. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in this Contest.
5. CLAIMING A PRIZE: CEC shall notify the prize winner no later than 30 days after making the notification, will provide the person with the prize, or with a voucher, certificate, or other document giving the person the unconditional right to receive the prize.
Unless otherwise stated on the CEC website, the grand prize winner will be contacted by a CEC representative to schedule a job start date no later than June 1, 2019. Job will be completed no later than November 30, 2019. All other contestants will be emailed a savings voucher. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. Each winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to CEC (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with a social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of CEC.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 18 years or older to be eligible to participate and win prizes in CEC’s contests and promotions. You are not eligible to enter our contests if you or a member of your immediate family works for Cutting Edge Countertops, any contest sponsor, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies. Entries can only be submitted by the legal owner of the property, the submitted property must be the entrant’s primary residence, and the property cannot be a rental location or a commercial property. Home must be within 40 miles of one of Cutting Edge Countertops’ locations.
CEC shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to the winner’s spam, junk e-mail, other security settings, or for the winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
The receipt by winner of the Prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. CONTEST DEADLINES: Contest deadlines for entries begins at the start of business (8am) Monday, April 1, 2019 and ends at the close of business (5pm) on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 and may be periodically included in on-air promotions. CEC is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or illegible entries.
* 8. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: By participating in this contest, you: (a) agree to release and indemnify CEC, any media outlet and any contest sponsor(s) (including their officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the conduct of the promotion or contest, and the awarding, acceptance or use of any prize(s); and (b) consent to the use by CEC for promotional purposes only, of your online entry, your likeness, your voice, and/or your address (city and state only) without any additional compensation. CEC will arrange with the homeowner to have professional photos taken during and after the project, for use in a variety of ways, including but not limited to traditional media, digital media and social media.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: Decisions of CEC concerning any and all matters with respect to contests shall be final. CEC reserves the right to change its contest rules, including these standard terms and conditions, without notice. These standard terms and conditions may be changed or supplemented by contest-specific rules. If there’s a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and any contest-specific rules that we may develop, the contest specific rules shall control. CEC reserves the right to change the prize values at any time, or to substitute prizes of comparable value.
All contests void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and must be taken in their entirety. CEC is not responsible for printing errors in the contest materials, these rules, or any contest-specific rules that we may implement. By entering our contests, each contestant agrees to be bound by, and comply with, all official rules governing the contest, including these standards terms and conditions or any contest-specific rules we may implement.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By entering the Contest, you, an entrant, agree to release and hold harmless CEC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
11. DISPUTES. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATES OF OHIO, MICHIGAN AND INDIANA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW PRINCIPLES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ohio, Michigan or Indiana and having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of the Contest is Cutting Edge Countertops Inc., Headquarters, 1300 Flagship Dr., Perrysburg, OH 43551.