As we all do our best to stay home when possible, with some extra time on your hands you might find yourself putting your baking skills to the test. Creating treats to indulge in not only keeps that sweet tooth at bay but it’s also a great activity for the kids. These confetti cookies are a great dessert to make with kids, they can help with preparing the dough then they’ll just need more supervision with the baking portion. Give this recipe a try with your family!
What you will need
- 1 package Funfetti cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Mixing bowl
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Frosting (optional)
How to make confetti cookies
- Prep: 15 min. + chilling
- Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, butter and vanilla until combined. Then beat in the cake mix. After combining all ingredients refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a well-floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired with frosting or fun sprinkles! Don’t forget to clean up your kitchen countertops after all the fun is over to avoid leaving behind any crumbs or spills.
- Optional: If you have leftover dough or wish to only use half you can transfer the dough to a resealable plastic freezer bag and freeze. To use, thaw dough in the refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Prepare and bake cookies as directed and decorate as desired.
We hope you enjoyed this simple yet tasty recipe! If you try it out, share with us how your final product by tagging us on social media channels! Be sure to follow along on our blog for a new Kid’s Kitchen Time idea every Saturday!