First developed by DuPont in 1967, Corian ® is the original solid surface brand. With its signature seamless look and application flexibility, this material can be used for countertops or customized for nearly any surface. Offered in a wide range of trendsetting patterns and color choices, this makes for nearly endless design possibilities. Corian solid surfaces are non-porous, stain resistant, and minor nicks or scratches can be easily repaired. A great choice for homes, hotels, hospitals, restaurants and more, Corian delivers performance and aesthetics.
Featured Design: Meganite
CUSTOMIZATIONS. CONVENIENCES. ENHANCEMENTS.
At Cutting Edge Countertops, we offer our customers a wide variety of amenities and additions that go well beyond the surface. Ask our experts how we can work with you to provide a truly differentiating solution tailored to meet your distinct needs and ideal vision.
- Edge/Corner Profiles
- Shape Design
- Chip Minimizer
- Safety Corners
- Overhang Calibration
- Dishwasher Brackets
- Plastic Top
- Digital Layouts
- Non-ground Level
- Heavy Pieces
Improve Your Home Design With Solid Surface Countertops
The best home improvement items you could invest in are hands down solid surface countertops. This type of countertop option is astonishingly affordable for homeowners from all backgrounds. Whether you want to save money or don’t mind spending the extra buck, your home’s value will improve. The solid surface countertop is truly one of a kind in that it is nonporous and easy to disinfect and clean. It is also seamless and can be used for sinks and backsplashes. The versatility of this material brings a high demand in the construction industry. You can find it in all kinds of different patterns and colors. Another great advantage to installing this countertop in your home is that it is very easy to repair when it comes to scratches. Solid surface tops are great in the bathroom as well as the kitchen. Its durable qualities make the investment well worth it.
Solid Surface Considerations To Keep In Mind
Before you decide to go with our top quality and highly rated solid surface countertops, we want to make sure that you get as much information before making your final decision. It is extremely important to understand the many pros and cons of any product that you are going to purchase. Solid surface countertops are less resistant to heat versus other surface options. But just like with any countertop even those that are heat resistant, we encourage homeowners to use place mats to avoid potential damages. Just because a countertop material may be resistant to high temperatures does not mean that it is proof of any damages. To be on the safe side, we suggest using protective materials. You can find place mats that go well with the design of your home, they are great decor adds. Another very important thought to keep in mind before making your finalized decision to invest in solid surface countertops is that they are more vulnerable to scratches than other options. Nevertheless, solid surfaces are beautiful, homogenous, easy to repair, and nonporous. However, keep in mind that no countertop is scratch proof. There is no countertop out there that is perfect. You will not be disappointed if you decide to go with solid surface tops.
Comparing Solid Surfaces To Other Materials
If you believe yourself to be an avid cook who is constantly spending time in the kitchen in search of the right countertop material then look no more. Homeowners who love to cook often times find themselves investing in the solid surface countertops from Cutting Edge Countertops. This is because it is the more affordable option when compared to stainless steel countertops commonly found at restaurants. Solid surfaces are made for residential and commercial properties that is why we like to refer our customers to this awesome option! If you would like to check out our gallery for more insight click here.
Ceramic tile and wood options have underlying limitations such as being porous, difficult to clean, & may start to feel slimy. Ceramic tile may be nonporous and hard but anytime they are installed in big numbers, seams that are grouted can cause food prepping to be more difficult. Solid surfaces, on the other hand, are completely smooth. Yes, marble and granite are exquisite options and they are amongst the most commonly purchased countertops for bath and kitchen remodeling but keep in mind that with solid surfaces you will not experience similar through body cracks. These cracks affect natural stone. There are many great advantages to solid surface countertops such as their:
- Aesthetic Appeal
- Tough Material
- Easy To Maintain
- Easy To Clean
- Easy to Repair
If you are thinking about choosing laminate surfaces over solid surface countertops you must know that laminate does chip easily and the overall appearance of this countertop option lacks depth. No matter which collection you go with you should always do your research about the pros and cons of each individual countertop type. Anytime you are in the process of searching for the perfect countertops for your kitchen or your bathroom you should ask about the different edge options that are offered for that countertop type. The edges are overlooked very often and they play a very important role in the overall look of the home. Ask an expert at Cutting Edge Countertops to learn more about the many edge options that we offer. (419) 873-9500
Solid Surface Countertops Cost
The cost of solid surface countertops and any other material varies greatly. There are many factors to take into account when you are looking for the cost of a specific countertop. You will have to think about the size, colors, patterns, edges, and the manufacturer. The kitchen and bath countertop experts at Cutting Edge Countertops are available to provide you with an estimate. The prices throughout the nation can range between $50 to $120 per square foot installed. According to Homeadvisor, the national average for installing solid surface countertops is $3,243. The typical cost can be between $1,946 to $4,563. You may also wish to know that low end cost is $700 while the higher end is $6,088. However, do not let these prices turn you away because like we previously covered, there are many different factors to consider. You cannot know a set price until you get with a countertop expert. There are several things to take into account. Prices vary greatly.
Countertop Installation Factors
Solid surface tops come in a large range of prices simply because they come in a multitude of options. The patterns, colors, styles, designs, and brands are endless. That is one of the many great things about this countertop material, you will have a huge variety to choose from. This only increases your chances of finding the perfect kitchen counter for your home. There are certain factors you must consider for the cost of the countertop installation. Follow along to learn what they are.
- Seams – Seams should be hidden to ensure the beautiful look of the countertop. The seams are hidden with the help of the epoxy tinted that matches the countertop. It is better to allow a countertop professional to do this for you because the process is fairly easy to mess up. Reach out to us today for assistance. We are available to speak with you any time you need us.
- Measurements – We encourage you to contact a professional countertop specialist to take the measurements of your kitchen so that the numbers are precise and accurate. This makes the installation process faster and less stressful for everyone. Often times homeowners will want to take the measurements themselves but what they do not know is that there are particular things that countertop installers look for during the measurement process. This is why we think it is best that you get a professional to do this. We will ease every burden of the measurement process.
- Countertop Customization – Every single countertop has to be customized. It has to be cut according to your kitchen or bathroom specifications. The customization process is unavoidable. Countertops are typically around 30 feet (linear) but the placement of the back splashes, sinks, & other features may alter the way the countertop needs to be customized.
We find that many people want multilevel countertops. Some may have built-in drain boards and others may have patterned counters with back splashes. All of this plays a major role in the customization of your countertops.
- Worksite Location – Getting the countertops into your home is a factor that matters a whole lot. We have to consider whether the truck has to be parked far away from the entrance and if the crew will need to climb stairs or make their way through different rooms in order to get the countertops to the destination. All of these factors can effect the cost of installation. Making sure the path is clear is crucial for an easy countertop install.
- Edges and Corners – A lot of countertops come with a default edge in place but you can change the look of it if you would like to. There are different edge options made available to your when you choose to hire Cutting Edge Countertops. The cost can be anywhere between $10.00 to $20 per linear foot. The corners are the part of the edgework that is most difficult. If the design holds several corners then the install cost may increase. It varies from company to company but the only way to find out is by reaching out to countertop experts and ask.
Leading Solid Surface Countertop Brands
There are many of solid surface countertop brands out there but only a few are recognized as the best in the world. This is a question that many homeowners, interior designers, and builders constantly ask. They want to know who the leading brands are. We have put together a list of the top leaders in the industry. They have been selected globally as the top-rated brands because of the durability and high-quality behind their products. Follow along to learn who the tops dogs are:
- WilsonArt – They gained a lot of attention throughout the years for providing outstanding quality. WilsonArt is best known for their laminate countertops and incredible replications of other types of surfaces. The solid surface collection emphasizes the natural beauty of imperfections in the replication of their gorgeous materials.
- Avonite – This trendsetter is among the top solid surface countertop manufacturers and they have received much attention because of their high standards. They blazed a trail of bold designs and vibrant colors when the pale neutrals were the standard in the countertop industry. The Studio Collection and the Acrylic Solid Surface line showcase their vision perfectly.
- Corian – Corian, one of the most well known solid surface brands is recognized for their soft rain cloud and rich deep lapis colors. They offer a variety of materials that are brought straight to our showrooms and are accessible to you.
- Zodiaq – Zodiaq is DuPont’s engineered stone solid surface countertop. It features an incredible depth that many designers and homeowners are extremely fond of.
- Silestone – This brand offers an array of features and colors such as classic, modern, and European styling. Silestone even offers countertops with built in sinks for a solid look.
- Cambria – Cambria’s engineered stone solid surface countertop favors large. You can find the beautiful bold veins in a large variety of colors. They have most recently introduced 4 new styles: Roxwell, Oakmoor, Ella, and Brittanicca.
- CaesarStone – Caesarstone keeps creating stunning & imaginative countertops for the kitchen and bath. The extremely popular Frosty Carrina is one of the countertops that is sought out the most.